Red Barnet (2010)

In the summer of 2010 I worked on a short film a group of my friends were doing for a organization called Red Barnet (save the child). The subject of the film was children's rights.

Besides animating I worked on character design for a girl and her younger brother. First I started with some sketches:


These sketches led to this initial design:


But this design didn't work. I tried to draw more rough to search for another design...


Then I tried to push myself in all kinds of directions...


Another suggestion for the design of the girl:

In the end my design for the face of the girl was used in the final design:


- Expressions -


- 3/4 expressions -


- Looking up and down (front and 3/4) -
tightened up by Laura Büchert Schjødt


An early design I made for the little brother: